Thursday, January 17, 2013

 

No epiphany?

I was walking across the street on Sunday with my little bro when I was hit by a car.

No, nothing serious or exciting.  Nothing interesting really, but it did make a pretty meaty sound as it hit my leg and elbow.  The sound was most likely amplified tenfold for the poor driver (I once accidentally hit a skateboarder - it was the skateboarder's fault - and I nearly had a heart attack!) but I came out of it without a scratch.  OK, the car was only going fast enough to have broken my legs, maybe a hip as well, but what surprised me was that there was no close escape feeling, no flash of light.  I did not necessarily expect a Road to Damascus experience, but it would have been cool if I had felt a little more thankful.

What a weird cocktail of emotion, being disappointed that I was not more thankful.  Like ingredients that you never thought could go together.  This led to me thinking about what I have achieved...  Or the rather more impressive list, of what I *have not* achieved.

And I ended up blogging some more.  Nice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?