Thursday, December 27, 2012

 

Premonition

As I sat on the couch thinking about how I hadn't blogged in more than a year (funny how that happens), it struck me how quickly one year goes by.  So I looked back at some old posts.

You know the way you think you're pretty clued up now, so you look back at your past self to see how much dumber you were back then - and you realise you were just as smart then...in fact you may even have lost your edge?  It's not cool.  Realisation has just assailed me.  I posted about a year ago regarding my 'new' hobby of watching movies in fast forward as a great time saving measure.  Unfortunately the historic blog post I happened to view today was 28 October 2006, and entitled 'On speed'.  The subject material was exactly the same, and it had a cooler title.  Ushj.

The realisation goes on, but not quite in the same vein.  Also on 28 October 2006 I posted a bunch of photos.  Take a look at the bottom left photo, circa January 2005 with me underneath a metal alien in the centre of Woking.  Talk about premonition!  (Not of an alien attack on Earth...yet.)  I now work less than 20 metres in the exact direction my right hand is very vaguely indicating!  Wow, past Jon was pretty onto it, eh?  OK, it's a bit of a stretch, but not an exaggeration.  My desk is probably only about 15 metres from the statue, but through a wall of course.  I would say that the area has not changed a bit, but that is not quite right; the building with the pillars now houses a great sandwich shop.  Very chic and modern, not at all like 2005.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?