Sunday, December 04, 2011

 

Single? Go gothic!

Originally I had planned to write about the strangely attractive "bad look" in girls. However, there are always the odd few that would find that kind of comment a little more significant than it actually is. Like Mum would, if she read this blog.

Additionally, while dreads/tattoos/piercings have their own kind of appeal, that's where the appeal ends. Where the alternative look meets the alternative lifestyle, it all goes downhill. Plus there are relatively few of these kind of girls in my circles (unless you count my clients) and few among professionals in general. (I suppose there are also arguably very few well adjusted dreaded pierced tattooed girls that one would rush home to introduce to one's mother, in any event!)

But down to the point - it is usually guaranteed that these types of girls are attached to hippie alternative boyfriends. It kinda makes me wonder if it is a chicken and egg scenario... Did they have the look before they hooked up, or was the look, um, "cultivated," for the purpose of hooking up? My brother told me a few years ago that he knew a rather plain jane who never got a whole lot of attention from guys. But then came her pseudo-gothic sem-hippie makeover, and she had a new guy every week! Well, I guess she lived happily ever after. I had a very similar story about an acquaintance of mine, but I didn't want to cause distaste by describing the made-over girl I knew as a plain jane!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?