Tuesday, April 13, 2010

 

OE

Dear Kitty

I plan to go on my big OE soon, and I shall have a wondrous time! I shall stop in for a wedding in Finland before heading to the fatherland for Devonshire teas with Earl Grey and whatever other outlandishly exciting things they eat over there! It shall be quite the undertaking, but I am just thrilled! I believe 2 July is my last day at work, and I shall be glad of the break - which is exactly the thought I was relishing as a certain grumpy Judge told me off quite unnecessarily!

With much love from Jon

(The above should be read aloud in an overly Enid Blyton way, preferably in the middle of a picnic with scones and lashings of ginger beer)

Comments:
The end of an era I reckon. You are probably the last of the old crew to leave. It will be interesting to find out what you get up to. Do you have work lined up? I didn't when I went over and I ended up coming back five months later. I am looking to go over to Europe next year, so if you are still over there I will be keen to catch up and look around. Hey, you can go on an Oak Hall tour with the multitude of nicey nice Christians.
 
Yeah, that's the thing - no work lined up at this stage, but I hear July is when one is supposed to go because it's tipped as the end of the recession - as if it can be predicted. I'm pretty OK with going over in that I hope my qualifications could be considered reasonably universal. Might turn up on the various doorsteps of relatives, though!

Hmmm... "Nicey nice" Christians has a bit of a sickly sweet ring to it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?