Sunday, May 13, 2007

 

Confuse-a-cop

Cops aren't the most intelligent beings sometimes. The coach of the Pakistan cricket team, Bob Woolmer, was murdered. Whether by strangulation or poison remains up in the air, but recent reports from *Scotland Yard* suggest they are going with a heart attack!

Take a small shred of the overwhelming evidence - an email allegedly sent by Bob Woolmer to the Pakistan Cricket Board just hours before he was found dead: "I would like to praise my association with the Pakistan team but now I would like to announce my retirement after the World Cup, to live the rest of my life in Cape Town. I have no lust for the job and I will not like others to make personal remarks at me. Professionally, I am open to criticism, I will be ready to continue the job if the president asks me for it."

Professionals are only now looking at this letter and thinking that it just may have been written by someone other than Bob Woolmer - someone whose first language was not English.

That's like issuing a press release stating that it is possible pink elephants may never have existed!

Comments:
So ... Mebbe somebody murdered him with a heart attack. I hear they can be quite dangerous, in the wrong hands.

Anemone
 
Conspiracy theories and Pakistan/South African cricket go hand in hand.
 
Well, with the way complex conspiracy theories are going, I hope you don't mind it if I steal your heart attack theory as my own and post it on the Wisden website?? :)

Scotty - I have no lust for your comments which to suggesting there is anything untoward in South Africa. That to be a personal remark at my people.
 
Maybe he was murdered by Pink Elephants....ever thought of that as a theory >
 
Fair enough. Hansie Cronje, match fixing, the quota system, kepler wessels, tony greig. South Africa is hardly clean. Where's Woolmer from?
 
I understand pink elephants are not to be trusted....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?